Monday, March 12, 2007

Weather warning

The last lesson before my test tomorrow. The weather has turned again. Very high winds and showers. Surely I can’t have my test cancelled again? Andy says that if it weren’t test day tomorrow he wouldn’t have taken me out today. I soon see why. It’s not too bad once I get going (except for sidewinds on more open roads), but sitting stationary at traffic lights and junctions it’s taking both feet down and all my strength to stay upright. We pull over to attempt a U-turn and end up getting off our bikes and waiting 5 minutes while the weather gets really interesting. Watching the rain fall almost horizontally, I begin to think I’m just not destined to take my test yet.
We manage a few U-turns and Emergency Stops when the weather calms down a bit, then head back to go through the Safety Questions.
To cheer myself up, I decide if my test doesn’t get cancelled again and I pass, I’m definitely going straight to look at a bike I've just seen on the Internet.

1 comment:

Peter Andre' said...

Michelle, keep it up as the weather is breaking and the fun starts now!