Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Back in the saddle...and out of it again!

A couple of weeks after the Test was cancelled and I still haven’t had a new date through.
I decide to phone the DSA and get things moving a bit. Apparently I can have a test tomorrow morning. Urm, no thanks, I said soon - not immediately.
I take a 08.40 test for the end of next week. Now, I’ve just got to hope the weather doesn’t take a nasty turn..and I can remember how to ride!
I book two more lessons before my Test. I’m feeling a bit like the momentum has gone and my enthusiasm has waned.
I shouldn’t have worried. It was a bit like catching up with an old friend. You’re not sure you can be bothered, but once you’ve made the effort, you’re glad you did.
The U-turns were still offensive! Another close encounter with the tarmac, having not sat up enough and lost my balance! This time not as dramatic; not quite as embarrassing, but still frustrating.
I’m now resigned to the fact that I could do a hundred U-turns, and even if 99 were great, and just one went wrong, that one would be all I’d think about. All I can do is hope for the best. A quick burst of self-belief on the day…and a VERY wide road!

No comments: