Friday, February 02, 2007

More of the same...

Generally, my riding seems to be improving each time I get on a bike. Rob tells me I take less time to get into the lessons now, the wobbles are getting a little fewer and further between, gears are no longer scary. Suddenly, from having no interest in bikes whatsoever, I’m now determined to pass my test and have my own bike.
It’s mainly the U-turns that frustrate me.Actually,it's ONLY the U-turns that frustrate me!
Today we started on the ‘widest test road’.
First U-turn went well. Maybe it was the shock of getting it right that accounted for me messing up the next few! If I wasn’t tap dancing my way across, I wasn’t steering enough or not balancing the throttle and clutch properly.
After a couple of slight improvements we rode to a narrower road, with a camber.
Rob assures me that I’m not alone in my dislike of U-turns and that I’m not the worst student either, but it really feels like it! A few more tries and we finished on a passable attempt, but we both know there’s going to have to be a LOT more practice.

No comments: