Wednesday, December 06, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

I can’t say I was over enthused about my next lesson, I was actually quite nervous, but determined to do much better this time.
It took a little while to get back into it, but it was better. No close encounters with lampposts or kerbs, which was nice!
I even got to go on the A14, which was ever so slightly scary, but good fun. The 125cc managed about 60mph, but it felt much faster on a bike than in a car.
Rob was doing his best to re- build my confidence and I started to feel a tiny bit more in control. Of course there were still plenty of mistakes, but when they did happen, I did my best not to panic. I even had a go at a couple of U-turns, which weren’t great, but not total disasters either.
Then we worked on junctions a bit more- getting the right sequence on approach and dealing with them safely and (hopefully) under control. Parts of the lesson were actually a little more enjoyable and a little less white knuckle! I still find my mistakes frustrating, but I can at last see a little progress. Rob said we’ll move up to the 500cc next time, which I’m hoping means he can see a little progress too

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Michelle
Chin up.
I'm sure you'll be fine when you do your test.
Good luck