Saturday, November 11, 2006

Getting started.

I decided having an off road lesson would be a good idea as I have never even sat on a bike.
I arranged it for the same day as my Theory test. There’s not exactly a rush to take the Theory test, but I just wanted to get it out of the way, and I’m hoping that I can pass my practical test before the theory certificate expires in 2 years!
I’d practised with my theory test DVD and felt reasonably confident. It’s more the practical aspect I’m concerned about!
Having passed the Theory test I set off for my lesson. I felt really nervous and a bit sorry for my instructor, Charlie. Poor bloke will need the patience of a Saint!
He loaded up the van with the bike and we set off for the old sugar beet factory near Sproughton.
He patiently explained the controls and despite the fact the idea of riding the bike seemed damned near impossible, I managed it (sort of)!
I even got up to 3rd gear, with a lot of encouragement from Charlie and finished the session feeling excited and keen to take the next step. I booked my CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) for the following week.

No comments: